CENTRI was born in Baraboo, WI in 1983 and to this still manufactures the best pre cleaner on the market. From the beginning, the CENTRI pre cleaner has been working in some of the of the dirtiest industries including dry buk, oil& gas, forestry and mining and construction. Since then, they have maintained their roots in the Midwest while growing an international company with an extensive line of products and customer solutions.
CENTRI’s team works hard and they pride themselves on delivering the perfect solution for their customer’s needs. So if they don’t have what you need, they will engineer it for you.
Centri Pre Cleaners
AIR FLOW CFM
Other products available from Centri as follows:
Centri Pre-Cleaner Assembly
The World’s most dependable Pre-cleaner!
DIRT will destroy your engine faster than any other known element. Care for your equipment and it will perform for you.
There are almost as many different engine models on the market today as there are applications. In many of these applications, engines must function in environments, which can be hazardous to optimum operation. A CENTRI® pre-cleaner can help maximize engine performance by extending air filter life up to 12 times, increases engine life and overall performance.
CENTRI® Removes Dirt, Dust, Chaff, Sand, Snow, Debris
CENTRI® Provides Longer filter life, Increased Engine Performance, Reduced Operating Costs
How Pre-cleaners Work
- Dirty air enters the CENTRI®, which is clamped onto your equipment’s air intake.
- Specially-designed vanes, curved and angled to precisely direct air flow, move the dirty air toward the stainless steel impeller.
- The dynamically balanced, one piece impeller (CENTRI®’s only moving part) creates a tornado inside the housing.
- The centrifugal force of the tornado expels the heavier than air dirt particles, chaff, dust, snow, rain, etc., out the discharge louver
- Cleaned air enters the engine intake pipe, and the filter element has only the very light particles to remove.
Note that there are no external piping, evacuator valves, bowls, braces or brackets, which can malfunction and affect the efficiency of the CENTRI® Precleaner
Uses for CENTRI® Air Pre-cleaners
CENTRI® Pre-cleaners can be utilized in applications where precleaning the intake air is beneficial in reducing component wear, increasing filter life and reducing downtime.Including but not limited to:
MINING: Loaders, Scrapers, Drills, Dozers, Crushers, Screeners, Dozers & Graders.
CONSTRUCTION: Loaders, Scrapers, Excavators, Compactors, Dump Trucks, Compressors, Snow Removal Equipment, Trenchers, Concrete Pumps.
AGRICULTURAL: Tractors, Combines, Mowers, Choppers, Applicators, Pneumatics
ROAD MAINTENANCE: Pavement Breakers, Planners, Concrete Cutters, Pavers, Sweepers, Scarication Equipment
LOGGING: Skidders, Grapplers, Chippers, Stump Cutters, Tub Grinders
LANDFILL: Scrappers, Compactors, Loaders, Forklifts
OTHER: Airports, Rentals, Snowblowers, Hydraulic Fracturing Pumps / Engines , Oil and Gas Industry
There are almost as many different engine models on the market today as there are applications. In many of these applications, engines must function in environments, which can be hazardous to optimum operation.
Although dirt can enter an engine from different sources, the most common path of entry is through the air intake system. Research shows that airborne dirt particles ranging in size from 10 to 100 microns cause the most engine damage. One micron equal 0.000039ths of an inch. The most harmful particles in this range are the silicates. Silicates are a major component of sand. At normal engine operating temperatures, silicates (sand) in the cylinders will crystallize to a diamond-like hardness.
APPROXIMATE PARTICLE DIAMETER
Metallurgical dust and fumes
Fog, silt, fly ash, fertilizer, insecticide dust, ground talc
Mist, fine sand, coal & cement dust, milled flour
Drizzle, coarse sand
Rain, gravel, beach sand
Studies show it only takes an average of eight (8) ounces of dirt to ruin an engine. Problems caused by even a small amount of dirt getting past the filtration systems include premature wear of bearings, rings, and cylinder surfaces. This results in excessive oil consumption when worn cylinder walls and rings allow lubricant into the combustion chamber.
AIR INTAKE PRECLEANERS
A precleaner is a better, more effective way to extend air filter life. There are three types currently available. These are; the collector (dust) bowl, aspirated, and atmosphere discharge types. All operate on the principle of centrifugal force. The method of dirt removal for each type of precleaner will be reviewed in detail as follows
1. COLLECTION (DUST) BOWL PRECLEANERS
This precleaner is a clear plastic, collection bowl type; it is sometimes referred to as a dust bowl precleaner. Air is drawn up through the bottom, over angled vanes, causing the air to spin. The dirt follows the inner wall up and over the edge into the collection bowl while the clean air enters the intake pipe.
Problems can include:
- The need for frequent cleaning of the collection cup, especially when moisture turns the dirt into mud.
- The collection bowl becomes cracked, scratched, and cloudy over time, making visual inspection nearly impossible.
- The unit must only be mounted vertically.
- Some of the dirt from the collection cup can be drawn down into the filter element when the engine is throttled down or shut off.
- This precleaner is only efficient within a limited range of particle sizes.
2. ASPIRATED PRECLEANERS
The naturally aspirated cleaner consists of two major sections, the precleaner and venturi.
The precleaner section centrifugally separates contaminate which is directed to a low-pressure area. The venturi section located in or on the exhaust. This creates a vacuum to carry away contaminants which are then discharged into the atmosphere.
This is a fairly efficient type of precleaner when it is new, but in time some significant problems can be encountered, including:
1. Moisture mixing with the dirt clogs the ports or vacuum tubing.
2. Fresh air carried over into the exhaust stack via the vacuum tubing can cause re-ignition of unspent fuel, causing a rapid “burn out” situation in the muffler or exhaust stack.
3. Restriction caused by the venturi can create back pressure resulting in an engine running hotter and less efficiently.
3. ATMOSPHERE DISCHARGE PRECLEANERS
Incoming air is drawn in past louvered openings, which rotate the internal, free spinning impeller. The centrifugal force caused by the spinning impeller separates the dirt, dust, moisture, and other particulate from the air. The cleaned air then enters the intake stack while the dirt is expelled, through a louver, back into the atmosphere.
Problems can include:
- The need to vertically mount bottom dischargeunits to achieve efficient discharge of dirt and moisture.
- Cracking or shattering of plastic units or components.
- Rusting and corrosion of carbon steel constructed units.
Precleaners cannot completely eliminate air filters; they do however vastly extend filter life. Also precleaner use can help with lower fuel consumption, reduced maintenance and extended time between overhauls.
CENTRI® AIR PRECLEANERS by DRM Diversafab.
Why is CENTRI® the best?
The CENTRI® by DRM Diversafab Corp. is designed with the air-flow-through principle featuring:
- Eight (8) different CENTRI® models to cover your clean air requirements from 50 to 1600 CFM
- Heavy duty, non-rusting aluminum and stainless steel construction, yet lightweight, requiring no additional clamps or supports.
- Self-cleaning, maintenance free design.
- Curved and angled vanes to direct the air flow to maximize cleaning efficiency.
- Stamped one-piece stainless steel impeller is precisely balanced, eliminating vibration, noise, and premature bearing failure.
- Easy installation features allow for mounting the CENTRI® Precleaner in any position, including inverted.